Thursday, September 13, 2007

Tribute to Polka Girl

Well, today is a very special day! It's Lizzy's birthday!


Ahh yes....volleyball. Two years of hilarious memories...prob. some of our first "real" ones. "Be one with the floor." Spontaniously conbusting! "Josie, sit down." Practicing with face paint on the way to practice and not being able to get the paint off in time....=) Having our coaches confuse us...especially when we were #5 and #15, both with long brown hair and glasses. Boy.....we looked like nerds in 7th grade!

Baha! Science class! Comprehension Chicks, Tackle This, Bouency=happiness. Me getting out of doing the crayfish disection because I insisted I was allergic. ;) You always skipping class to do History homework....that drove me crazy. You and your mom lauging at me....for being....me. Learning how to knit and making all those ugly scarves for charity.....CPR on my birthday. "Don't laugh! Pay attention class!" Putting the fake body in the front seat of Mrs. Fortier's car and watching her reation. =)
Surprise parties! (I don't have any pics from yours.) Haha! You being so surprised that you slammed the door in everyones face and ran away. Me winning the "who knows liz the best?" game. (Haha, who else?) Me arriving at my surprise party and not realizing it was a party for me....and being in my pajamas....=)
Gettysburg!!! Me following you around the entire time cause I wasn't friends with any of those ppl yet. Leaving Anna at that place and loosing her. Crying in the car when Mr. Emelio and Mr. Hollandsworth were saying that, "We lost one in action."
Ah....Europe. Yes everyone, I am going to talk about it. Live with it. Working for what seemed like an eternity in a warehouse........"Dance is Red!" "Thank you for that helpful piece of information!" Writing all over thos orange slips of paper. Trips to 7eleven. Shooting bb guns and paint ball guns. "Now the point would be to hit the target..." Chocolate hour. "Smile, it builds self esteem." "Make your own elevator music." Sending crazy emails about how excited we were about Europe. "It's just around the corner....one day it will just jump up on us. Boo!" "I dare you to go around saying that to ppl." Waiting to Polka dance. =) Where your nickname originated....


Being on the airplane...."I had a dream that she jumped out of the window!" The terrible food. Blec. My dream about the stuadess being a serial killer. "Where is she!" "Beef or Pasta?" Seven trips to that CVS-like place that I swere didn't have a door. "What is squash? I don't see any squash!" Walking around the Brittish Library crying....because everything was so amazing. Les Mis! Ahhhh! Cosette's voice! "Josie, are you okay? Are you homesick?" "No! Her voice is soooo beautiful!...It's not fair!!!" The walk home........interesting.........


That wonderful night in France....the eyebrows in the mirror....our waitress who got mad at us for asking for more water.=) Me shocking Mr. and Mrs. Wyzga and not knowing why. "Josie why are you lauging?" "Because all of a sudden I had the funniest picture in my mind...." The one and only time I have ever almost gotten upset with you. "Don't worry, she told me." ;)

The wonderful day in sienna, when we did absolutely whatever we wanted. Getting lost. Eating vanilla gelato. Napping in the Del Campo. Listening to Yellowcard, Carole King, Keith Urban and I forget who else. The umbrellas! Sharing belts cause you forgot to bring one. Me not overpacking for once. The trian to Rome. "I think tomorrow I am going to...." "You didn't wake me up?" "Look its a prop! Now I am good, now I am bad." "Josie you look like a racoon!" Lily and I videotaping the police officers and thier super cool drug dog.



Baha! Florence! Listerene! Getting to know everyone much better than we ever thought we would. Seeing David. Spalding! Octopus and Calamari and that wierd fish. You ruining all of our "serious" pictures.
Like that one. You smiled! Anyways....The food....the beverages....throwing the pennies over our shoulders in Rome, writing Case funny letters at three am while drinking Orangina and eating good chocolate. "There's nothing in....here. BYE!" "What the heck are these?" Doing geometry at dinner... Being on the metro...and freaking out. The puppet show on the subway. My body gaurds...
Thinking we never ever wanted to go home! Matching on accident on the way home from Venice. Doing all of our gift shopping at the very last minute cause we forgot.
Leaving. =( Snife. (Sniff....snifee. I can't spell.)
Sharing a love for music. (Though we have different tastes.) Supporting eachother during I Cantori concerts....literally. ("I hope we don't fall off!") Going to concerts. Or concert I should say. Baha! "She's standing up! It's the music!" "Did you see that girl? All of a sudden she like, was healed because of the music."





Baha, our drumsticks....."I touched all of them!"
Frederick....sigh. Me not telling you guys that I knew....because I didn't want things to change. Talking for hours and hours about it. All the wonderful talks. ;) Going to your new house for the first time. Looking into the future. "Framily" New York!!! Tea with your Aunts...exploring, "I told u this wasn't our floor!" The elevator!" "Right by the police station?" Walking around for four hours and buying nothing but two bagels and two pepsis. =) Watching tv with your uncle...our wierd dreams. Getting breakfast and not knowing what to do with the dishes. "Do we leave them on the table?" "I don't know, lets just see what that guy does." (Of course we waited for like thirty minutes until he finnally left, and left the dishes!) Makeup, hair, nails, shopping, Beauty and the Beast!!!
Zebras! Penguins, Storks, Lizzards, Fish, Pelequins, Moose and all of our other funny animal memories. Our mouse, Alfred, "There it is!" Wham! Katie's bird. (Wanting to drown it) Movie nights, where I always would fall asleep. Long walks.
Cape Cod!!! Twice. "Whambombadoo!" "Liz, can you translate please?" "Puuuuuussssshhhhh." The Spider at the little house...."it's okay, I have everything under control! BAAAA!!!!" "Unclean!" "Where is baskin robins?"
Oh Lizzy, I hope you have a Happy Happy Birthday! Thanks for everything! I love you, (and will give you your real actual card later.)
~Josie

4 comments:

Lizzy said...

I love you more!

You absolutely and officially rock.

And so does this post. Yay for way kool memories and laughing a lot!

Anonymous said...

Okay so what happened with the Listerine in Europe? because I think I remember giving it to you but I dont remember why

Josie said...

Aha! The listerine story!

Okay, so I like to brush my teeth. I find it fun....refreshing...and everything else under the sun. I have never had a cavity and am very proud of that fact. I have also never had braces, and was recently told that I won't need them. Yay!

Anyways...so i ran out of Listerine in Europe, and by Florence, I was desperate. I NEEDED Listerine. So, a few ppl were going to find an ATM after dinner one night...and I went to. The sole purpose being to find listerine. Everyone thought it was funny that I bought listerine in Florence...I found it quite practical really....so yeah. There's the story.

Anonymous said...

okay never mind I remembered another listerine story from mexico :)